When selecting the Custom server option -
- SSH into your custom server as root and run the provided script
- Add the public IP
- Optionally, enable Server Monitoring
- Optionally, select a database
- Optionally, select server environment
- Click Start Provisioning
Custom Server Considerations
When connecting to a custom server, Cleavr will not have connectivity that Cleavr has with integrated VPS providers. There are some additional considerations to be aware of when using the Custom Server option.
- To add a custom server, you must have Ubuntu 20.04x64 installed on the server and you must be able to SSH into the server as root user to run a command prior to Cleavr imaging the server.
- If you delete a custom server from Cleavr, this will not also destroy the server from the custom provider. Cleavr does not gain that level of access. If you remove a server from Cleavr you will also need to remove it from your custom server provider.
- Some providers may block HTTPS access (Google Cloud, Lightsail) by default and you'll need to enable HTTPS for sites with SSL to render.