Database and Filesystem backups are encouraged so that you can quickly get your apps back up-and-running in case of disasters.
Schedule a new backup
To schedule a backup, you must first have a Backup Provider created.
- Select the backup profile to use
- Add a label to refer to the backup as
- Set a frequency - this uses the standard cron job schema with times set to the server time
- Select Filesystem or Database depending on which you are scheduling
- If selecting Filesystem - enter the source path
- If selecting Database - select the database you are backing up
- Destination folder is where backups will be placed (make sure the username you use has write access to the destination folder path you supply)
- Define folders and files to ignore (for Filesystem backups)
- Notifications - if you created a Notifications profile, you will have options to be notified when backups fail and/or successfully occur
If you have a backup scheduled, from the list view you can also:
- Select plus button to trigger one-off backup
- Select pause button to pause backup schedule; or select play to resume
- Select trashcan button to delete backup schedule